Most homeowners don’t give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator until it shuts down, or it is time to buy a new one. To guarantee you get the most out of this kitchen appliance it can be very nice to understand how it keeps your food and drinks cold—and National City Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn what you need to know about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s time to reach out to refrigerator repair National City.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find too many houses that do not feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for a lot of years. A residential refrigerator stores food at the optimal temperature, to reduce spoiling and slow down the growth of bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from the inside of the refrigerator to the outside, relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The standard components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call National City Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it is necessary for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
The compressor is an important part of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is located on the back exterior wall of the appliance and is there to disperse the warmth collected inside the refrigerator out to the surrounding air.
A evaporator is installed in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth contained inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator stops working, it is time to hire a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquified refrigerant is directed through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device as it cools the gas, transforming the gas back into a liquid.
The refrigerator thermostat regulates the temperature throughout a refrigerator, starting a new cooling cycle as it is necessary.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to breaking. Troubleshoot and call a repairman in National City for service right after an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature inside a refrigerator is above the set point sensors alert the compressor to start, and the next cooling cycle starts. The refrigerator draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor pushes the heated gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the rear of the refrigerator, where it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and transforms back to a liquid state.
3. The cool refrigerant then continues its journey to the refrigerator evaporator, traveling through the coils within the refrigerator and top freezer compartment.
4. The liquid then absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, thereby lowering the temperature down to the optimal final point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate, and will return back into a gas, and then returns to the compressor unit in order to continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often found in many applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from one area and moving it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your house, creates a safe environment for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule repair with National City Appliance Repair.
National City Appliance Repair can service nearly all common models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in National City are trained to repair and troubleshoot problems with cooling, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles and leaks, light bulbs, touch controls, smart technology and numerous other malfunctions. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair! Schedule now!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  National City Appliance Repair